Full Time, Remote, Switzerland / UK preferred
We are a startup based in Neuchatel and London, building the next generation of privacy infrastructure for the Internet. Our core technology is a decentralised and incentivised mixnet that allows integration with third party applications and services to protect users' data and ensure their privacy at the network level. The Nym team is a world class mix of privacy experts, coders, and thinkers spread all over Europe. They also happen to be really nice people. We believe that user privacy underpins democratic freedoms in a networked world, and we're proud to help roll back the surveillance society. Nym is looking for a skilled team member to grow with us and make key contributions throughout this journey.
What you will be building
- Advanced network privacy systems
- Cryptographic credential issuance and verifications systems
- Integration points for user-facing systems such as wallets and network explorers
- WebAssembly components for in-browser use
- Smart contracts in Rust
What you bring to the team
- At least 3 years of experience in systems or back-end development.
- Previous Rust experience would be a huge bonus. However, we recognize that Rust is a new-ish language, and we are open to helping a Rust-curious coder with a good previous experience to convert.
- Go experience also a big plus (we have a few components in Go)
- Unit and integration testing skills.
- Knowledge of blockchains, consensus etc a bonus but not a necessity.
What we offer you
- A diverse and collaborative team of 20 + Privacy and DeFi enthusiasts, interested in learning and solving problems together
- Remote working (with a bias towards being able to do in-person meetups periodically)
- A competitive salary